Organizations may have various functions and its sub-functions, this sections help you defining them for your organization.
E.g -Refer to Fig 1
For an organization having :
- Function - Human Resource
- Sub Functions- Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement
You will create two “Function Types” with the name- Function and Sub-function in EmployWise.
And then Add:
- Human Resource as a Function
- Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement as Sub-functions.
Follow the below mentioned steps to create functions for your organization:
i. Steps for Defining the Function Types:
1. Click Organization Structures in Settings, and Select "Functions"
Organization Structures > Functions
2. Click “Manage Function Types” and then “Add Function type”, a new window opens (refer Screen Shot ) . Enter the name and a description about the same
3. Select the “Parent Function Type” from the dropdown, for e.g in order to create hierarchy as per Fig 1 Select “Function” as Parent Function Type for a Sub Function
A new Function Type is created with the same name, you can edit the same by clicking on the edit button as shown in the screen shot below
Note: The first function type created will not have any parent function type and will be the top of Hierarchy
ii. Steps for adding Functions:
1. Follow the steps of Defining Function Types till step 1, then click “Add Function”. A new window opens, refer to the screen shot
2. Enter the Function Name , Code and Function Head; you can also add a description. Categorize this function into a function type(Function or Sub-Function as per the example in Fig 1) and click “Save”
3. You can Edit/Deactivate the already created function by clicking on the Edit/Deactivate button as shown in the screen shot 4